Cloos vs EWM (MIG-MAG) what to chose? Your recomendation.

• Hello friends!
    EWM alphaQ vs Cloos Quineo Champ (on quality, special technology and relieblity)
    Who have expirience working on Cloos Champ and EWM alphaQ mig-mag apparatus? What your opinion about them? I intresting about Cloos - the information in internet about this machines is pretty short and mystic: some people say that is ideal machines for MIG, someone say that quality on level industrial German machines: Lorch\EWM\Merkle etc.
    What to chose ? (price does not important, only quality)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google-translate-German:
    Hallo Freunde!
    EWM alphaQ vs Cloos Quineo Champ (auf Qualität, Spezialtechnik und Relief)
    Wer hat die Arbeit an Cloos Champ und EWM alphaQ mig-mag Apparat? Was ist deine Meinung über sie? Vor
    allem, ich interessiere mich für Cloos - die Informationen im Internet
    über diese Maschinen sind ziemlich kurz und mystisch: manche Leute
    sagen, das sind ideale Maschinen für MIG, jemand sagt, dass Qualität auf
    der Ebene industrielle deutsche Maschinen: Lorch \ EWM \ Merkle etc.
    Was wähle ich? (Preis nicht wichtig, nur Qualität)

• Hi,
    look at the price of this both machines. The Cloos qineo champ 450 has a price of 11.200 euro (without vat).
    The alpha Q 351 costs about 7.800 euro (without vat). This both machines are high end multi-process welders.
    Both machines has a lot of power - EWM 350A and Cloos 450A. What do you want to do with it?
    I think in this discussion forum are very very less people that works with one of this system (privat and professional).
    I also think most of the members in this forum are hobby welders and this machines are not designed for this group. Some of the members works professional with
    "standard mig-mag welding systems" (classical transformer, or inverters like Fronius, Merkle, Kemppi, EWM and so on, in the lower or middle price segment).
    If I hade the choice between Cloos and EWM, I would prefer EWM. EWM is a company where you can free download the operator guide for the power source and the
    the control unit "Expert 2.0" So you can study in peace all features before you buy anything. The company Cloos charges a fee of 30-50 euro for the operator guide. This is not customer friendly.

I'm a hobby welder. At home I have two inverter systems. Kempact 3000 (pulse on pulse) from Kemppi and a Highpulse 280k made
    by Merkle. The Highpulse has also the functions "highUP", "deepARC" and "ColdMIG" enabled. Whether you need all this stuff is another question.
    Most of the time, the systems are in the park postion :( .
    I hope you can understand my broken english.

Many greetings
    Peter

• kleinermuk, thank you very much for extended explanaion!
    I planed to use this machines for custom welding work shop, so the range of material will be quite a large. in my area lot of heavy agroculture technic, so the for the most part customer would need to weld steel up to 15-20 mm thickness, and stainless steel 1..5 mm.
    I want to bye boolettproof apparatus with maximum relibility.
    One guy say to me that their plant heve several of Cloos machines some of them work (mostly on robot spot) more than 15+ years without deep repair and maintence! That's is realy impress. Another say that Cloos quality for him is etalon (exist Cloos and all others), and third one saying that he worked with both and can't find the difference - all of them is equals like Lorch\Merkle\etc. But 99% of people recomend to buy EWM :)

Do you know why is so big difference in price between EWM and Cloos?

ps: english is not my native language too, so all is ok :)

• Hi,
    I recently spoke to someone, who used to deal with EWM machines. He sells them also to different asian countries and was very pleased with the reliability. He dealed with another german brand before and these machines had much more issues when input current had to much tolerances. In germany that was no problem, but in areas with a less stable mains these machines failed.

I had some EWM tig inverters (different generations) and never had a problem, but I use them for light work only.

• brockenhammer, thank's for information!
    I don't know what about Cloos but EWM machines have excellent protection on "bad" electric lines.
    Look at video PicoMig for 220V line weld on 140 V (!!!) good, on 120 decent, and failed only on 110V ! That's really impress.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!